Whether you’ve been living with family or renting with roommates, becoming a homeowner is a huge stepping stone in anyone’s life.
Figuring out how to take the first step towards home-ownership can be challenging, but certainly not impossible.
Here are the benefits of and reasons behind the types of loan programs we offer at HomeLend Mortgage:
Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Least risky option
- Same interest rate for the length of the loan
- Predictable monthly payments
- Good for borrowers who plan to be in one home for a long time
Learn more about the Fixed Rate Mortgage here.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM)
- Lower interest rate during the fixed period than the fixed rate
- Doesn’t require a refinance
- More financial flexibility at the start
- If you don’t plan to live in one place for long
- Limits on how much your payments can increase
Learn more about the Adjustable Rate Mortgage here.
- Requested loan amount exceeds $484,350
- Exceeding $726,525 in “high-cost” areas
- Reasonable debt-to-income ratio
- Robust financial health history
Learn more about Jumbo Loans here.
Federal Housing Administration Loan
- Need a loan but can only provide a small amount of down payment
- Provides more financial flexibility
- Empowers homeownership in lower income individuals
Learn more about FHA loans here.
- Limited household income
- Buy a home with as little as 3% down payment
- Can use gift funds provided by family or friends
- Provides home ownership for varying levels of income
- Easier credit scoring
- 3% down payment
Veterans Affairs Loan
- For active duty service members or veterans
- No down payment
- No private mortgage insurance requirement
Learn more about VA Loans here.
Still have questions?
Every buyer is different. There are so many options out there that it is possible for pretty much anyone to become a homeowner. In order to find out which program is right for you, reach out to our expert loan officers to receive your free, no hassle, no commitment quote now.
Comments are closed